Thursday, April 27, 2006

An idea for a fun accounting game

Breaking the Grip of Dominant Ideas In Games:
What Serious Game Projects Have To Offer Entertainment Game Developers
- Tim Carter

" ... A few years ago I met a potential client – an institute for chartered accountants – who needed to attract high school students to their field. (I’m about to reveal what I think is a cool new idea…) I pitched to them what I saw could be a really fun and educational 3D game about accounting. (A fun game about accounting?… I see you looking doubtfully at this.) The thing about accounting is it really is financial reconnaissance (that’s why it’s called “accounting”). It’s not just about “bean-counting”; it’s about gathering financial “intel” – and “recon” can be an exciting thing: think about a scout behind enemy lines, or a forensic crime-scene unit doing detective work. ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home